Resident Letting Agent's Licence (RLA)


What Licence do I need as a Resident Manager?

Resident Managers have a few options available to them as far as licensing goes. The Resident Letting Agent's Licence is the most common Licence as it allows you to rent out managed units as well as operate a Trust Account. The restrictions with this Licence are that you can only rent units within the complex you manage.
The principal place of business must be located in the complex you are letting. You are unable to make sales of any units within your complex.

In order to obtain your RLA or Resident Letting Agent's Licence, you must first complete the following 6 units of competency through a Registered Training Organization like Complete Property Training:-

•BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
•CPPDSM4006A Establish and manage agency trust accounts
•CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
•CPPDSM4010A Lease property
•CPPDSM4015B Minimise agency and consumer risk
•CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement.

How can I complete the course?

Complete Property training offers the RLA or Resident Letting Agent's Licence via Correspondence only as most Managers these days opt for a Full Real Estate Agents Licence, as the ongoing costs are the same but the benefits far out way the basic RLA.
More and more Managers are deciding to obtain a Full Real Estate Agent's Licence which gives all of the same benefits of the RLA, but lifts a lot of the restrictions. One of which is the ability to make sales within your complex. This offers real diversity of income and is fast becoming the Licence of choice for most Resident Managers.

How long will it take?

Once you receive your Learning Recourse book and Assessment book, you can expect to spend 2 full days completing the course if you already have some knowledge of the industry.
If you don’t, you can take your time and use our phone support line if needed as you have up to 6 months to complete.